General and Colorectal Surgeon
Special area of interest
Dr Salama is a general and colorectal surgeon and is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Surgeons. After he gained his Masters degree in surgery he trained in general surgery in New Zealand and subsequently completed his post fellowship training in colorectal surgery in Australia. Dr Salama has worked as a Fellow at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane and Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney where he is currently a consultant staff specialist. He is also a Visiting Medical Officer at North Shore Private and The Mater Hospitals..
Dr Salama is the head of the Total Parentral Nutrition service at Royal North Shore and is actively involved in clinical research.
He has particular expertise in minimally invasive laparoscopic colon and rectal cancer surgery, complex incisional and parastomal hernia repairs and intestinal endometriosis.
Areas of practice
- Interventional and Diagnostic Colonoscopy.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
- Colorectal and pelvic floor diseases (Rectal Prolapse)
- Benign colorectal diseases: IBD i.e. Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis and Diverticular disease.
- Laparoscopic inguinal, epigastric and umbilical hernia repair.
- Incisional and Parastomal Hernia repair.
- Intestinal Endometriosis.
- Royal North Shore Hospital
- North Shore Private Hospital
- Mater Misericordiae Hospital
St Leonards Rooms
Suite 402, 69 Christie Street
St Leonards NSW 2065
For all enquiries and appointments phone: 02 9436 4550.